webuser_51440426

Will Anthracite grey flushUPVC windows look good compared to aluminium

Matt P
3 years ago

Hello

We're having a fairly substantial amount of windows for a double extension.

Based on costs, we're looking at potentially having aluminium sliding doors/bi-folds downstairs. Looking at the difference in cost between aluminium and UPVC, I'm considering whether we go for anthracite grey flush UPVC upstairs to make it affordable but am considered whether the two different types would clash.

Has anyone had anthracite grey flush UPVC and give an idea about visually how it compares to aluminium windows? And whether having a different type downstairs to upstairs would look?

Thanks!

Comments (3)

• Colleen Finn
    2 years ago

We've got the same dilemma! What did you go for in the end?

• Candice Bloor
    2 years ago

I prefer the look of the aluminium personally.

• Cherub Pebble
    2 years ago

We went for aluminium sliders, personnel door, coping and corner post and flush upvc downstairs and upstairs. They look good and blend in fine. The windows are halo flush sash and cost a fraction of the price of aluminium ones.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.