sarachohan

Which sink to choose with quooker fusion brass tap

sarachohan
3 years ago

Hello! We are hoping to buy the quooker fusion brass hot water tap. I originally wanted gold but quooker gold is too yellow. I was hoping a copper or gold sink would go with the brass tap but the colours are very different. Any advice on what sink to go for would be highly appreciated. Especially as we can’t see any in person too....my worktop is light calcatta gold and wall units a grey/silver and base concrete white xx

Comments (24)

• PRO
    Dual Designs
    3 years ago

Hi Sara, With most of the kitchen we design with brass taps etc 9/10 usually have white ceramic sinks - Belfast or undermount. Another nice option is to have the sink incorporated within your worktop ... also love Calacatta Gold.

Also your units are grey/silver ... is brass the best to compliment this?

sarachohan thanked Dual Designs
  • Andrew Morren
    3 years ago

Sara,

You can get a Silestone sink but not in a matching colour 1810 do the Zen15 range which comes in 3 colours, Blanco do Silranit which is very good. If you want more info email me andrew@mihaus.co.uk

sarachohan thanked Andrew Morren
  • sarachohan
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you to both Andrew, and Dual for your replies 😊

my base white concrete have an earthy stone look to it so gold complements it. and the worktop has gold veins. Shame kitchen company didn’t do gold profiles otherwise that was our initial plan.

we considered incorporating the sink into the worktop but it was too costly ...😔

we’ve asked for blanco samples , thank you Andrew. See how that goes.

• Andrew Morren
    3 years ago

Sara,

Please if your paying the money for the Silestone get undermount sinks should cost you £250 max then your sink is less.

• sarachohan
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Hi Andrew,

really? I’m surprised, i was quoted £1000 extra! 🙈

they are coming down to template on Thursday so will double check again. thank you 👍🏼

• sarachohan
    Original Author
    3 years ago

If I understand correctly and you mean the silestone sink in same worktop material should cost around £250...?

• Andrew Morren
    3 years ago

No if you get an undermount sink it is about £250 about and you will be charged about £100 for doing an insert but yes a Silestone sink including fitting would be about £1000.

• sarachohan
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thanks Andrew. Yes we are more inclined towards a blanco under mount. Just need to decide on the right colour...🙈 I wish there was a coloured stainlwas steel available to match my brass tap!

• dee200
    2 years ago

Hi Sara

Can I ask what combination you decided on as I am facing the same dilemma. I would really like the brass Quooker but can't decided which sink to go for. Thanks

• sarachohan
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Hi Dee, sorry for my late reply. we settled for the blanco silkgranite sink in light grey. it goes well together as would white. and its bery easy to maintain any other questions please dont hesitate to ask x

• dee200
    2 years ago

Hi Sara

Thanks for your reply and the photo. I had wondered about pairing with a light grey sink and it does look great in your kitchen. Thanks for helping make up my mind.

sarachohan thanked dee200
  • sarachohan
    Original Author
    2 years ago

No worries Dee, happy to help x I remember how difficult it was to make our decision!! we ordered a stone/beige colour first but i didnt like it🙈

A white sink would also look cery nice but with our asian cooking would not have been very practical!

• sandra Varley
    last year

Hi Sara, I would also love to know which sink you chose since we are also trying to find a sink to match Quooker fusion brass. Many thanks x

sarachohan thanked sandra Varley
  • sarachohan
    Original Author
    last year

Hi sandra x

we settled for the blanco silkgranite sink in light grey. it goes well together as would white i think, its also

very easy to maintain😊 any other questions please dont hesitate to ask x

• HU-742682526
    last year

hi Sara i am in the same dilema, i wnat to getbthe patinated brass but so condused as to whatbsink to ho for. ive read all the comments on here they have been helpfull. i wanted to ask you has you quoker tap discoloured, im worried it will start going gold, especially in placed where your fingers are on

sarachohan thanked HU-742682526
  • sarachohan
    Original Author
    last year

Hi HU X

Yes it has discoloured in many places where we touch…….i believe its part of the uniqueness of the tap…..🙈

i wouldnt say its gone gold but different shades of brass.

• HU-742682526
    last year

Thanks sara for yoir reply…Would you recoment this tap then? is it possible to get a picture please? im literally about to order it today…

• HU-742682526
    last year

recommend*

• sarachohan
    Original Author
    last year

Hi HU, ill add a picture x

despite the discolouration we do love our tap…..the only other issue is as we live in a hard water area we get limescale in the little gaps that need cleaning with a damp microfibre cloth x hope this helps x

• sarachohan
    Original Author
    last year

As we were told it adds to the uniquenesses of the tap 😃

• HU-742682526
    last year

Thank you for sending the pics 😊

• sarachohan
    Original Author
    last year

No worries, happy to help ☺️ i remember how hard it was for us during the lockdown to make all these decisions 🙈

• Kathryn Townsend
    last year

Hi Sara, my kitchen designer (who works for Wickes) says that he’s been told that the sort of sink you chose is not recommended because the boiling water might damage the sink (I asked him because I’d requested the same as yours, as I’m getting the bronze quooker). Have you found any evidence of damage to your sink, after a year’s use? Thank you

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.