onedaymyfriend

New fence and uneven ground :o(

Onedaymyfriend
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi guys, we recently had new featheredge fencing erected and requested the fencer didn't following the contour of the ground so to keep the top of the fence nice and level. We now have gaps under our gravel boards, I would save the biggest gap is 6-8 inches. What would be the best way to fill these gaps? 🤔 Thanks in advance. D

Comments (6)

• Sarah L
    3 years ago

Could you share some pictures please?

• Onedaymyfriend
    Original Author
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Sure! ☺️ We've dug it over roughly but there's still a considerable gap.

• Carolina
    3 years ago

Gaps under fences make it possible for hedgehogs to move from garden to garden.

• Onedaymyfriend
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank for your replies Caroline and Sonia. We really want to plant in our flower beds, we've had a row of conifers along there for years. I think the photo I have supplied is a little deceiving because our side has been dug over. Nextdoors bed is completely flat so much lower. I'm trying to stop our flower beds from falling in to our neighbours garden. We've always had hedgehogs, even when the old fence was there that was flat to the ground.

• Sarah L
    3 years ago

My next door neighbour's garden is lower than mine too, but my fence follows the slope of my garden. You could just fix another gravel board to the existing one, following the slope. Last year, I fixed gravel boards to my side of the other neighbour's fence to stop their soil etc. falling onto my side path. It has worked well.

Onedaymyfriend thanked Sarah L
Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.