nicholas_scott81

Extension layout help!

Nicholas Scott
3 years ago

We're planning a 4m rear and 3m side extension to our 1970's bungalow. We're pretty much set on the design of the left side of the house, but the right side is giving me a headache! We have looked at dozens of possibilities and are finding it hard to decide.

Original floorplan:

Option 1, with big bathroom, WC, store cupboard but tiny (2m x 2m) craft room/study/library/cupboard. I like the flow of this one, but feel the small square is a waste of space.

Option 2, with big study. A big study would be helpful for growing children to have somewhere private to do their homework, but the bathrooms would lack natural light.

Option 3, with big master bedroom. Honestly, I like this one, but my wife doesn't. The front of the house has nice views of the mountains but rather oppressive sunlight. The rear of the house is dark but lacks the views (but still has view of garden).

I know it's slightly apples and oranges but I'm just looking for feedback or any helpful suggestions/tips/alternatives.

Comments (7)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.