shavaya

Home Office decorating ideas please

Shavaya
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hello you lovely talented lot... can I please get your help on some inspiration for painting and decorating my office. Would love to hear your suggestions as I am totally out of ideas!

Explanation below along with pictures hopefully gives an idea of the space. The room is narrow and long with a low ceiling. It was a garage conversion into home office.

Wall 1 - on the narrow side is a large window of 8 feet with a yellow roller blind in a plaid woollen fabric [will be keeping that].

Wall 2 - narrow end opposite side of the window are mirrored wardrobes, which reflect light from window [sadly also everything else in between!]

Wall 3 - long side has the built-in units. This is the main workspace, and I just cannot decide what to do with it. Paint the splashback [trial colour painted] or put up cork sheeting, or wallpaper, or even fabric?

Wall 4 – Behind the chairs has so much happening, it has the entrance door, step down, a radiator, a shelf, a fuse cupboard [broken door will be fixed]. This problem wall is the backdrop to my Zoom meetings unfortunately.

Until we went into lockdown last year, this office was hardly used. Now I spend 8 hours 6 days a week in here – and with these virtual meetings I really must decorate the room.

Exploring the thought of painting the ceiling dark [to hide the dreadful artex]perhaps same colour as the units, and painting wall /door/radiator in mellow yellow like the blind ?… but open to all ideas and looking forward to your suggestions and ideas. TIA!

Comments (5)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.