victoria_hemmingway

Help with colour scheme in small boat bedroom

Hi all,

I live on a boat and am looking for some design help with re. the paint scheme for my small boat bedroom.

The bedroom is in the bow of the boat and due to the bed being above the water tank it is raised. There are drawers under the bed and rolling storage too. Either side of the bed are 'triangles', currently clad in pine tongue and groove. The room is lit by two portholes to the left and right and there is a bow hatch.

We've chosen one colour - a mid-dark grey-blue, which is currently on the bow doors and drawers. The dilemma comes with the other complimentary colours (which ones? We are thinking a warm pink/white and light grey) and how we use them.

I would like to paint all the wood, apart from the dark wood surrounding the door, but I just don't know how many colours to use, what to accent etc. Do we also stick to the classic of painting our ceiling and architrave white and then the walls another colour or paint the ceiling and walls the same colour?

Any help much appreciated!

Comments (4)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.