andrew_baggs

Kitchen/dining upgrade - Am I missing something?

Andrew Baggs
3 years ago

I have previously posted for advice about our house before, prior to moving in, and had some fantastic responses. We have now been in our new home for 6 months and are starting to think about taking the plunge on redoing the dated kitchen and integrating it more with the dining area.

I think we are best to keep the areas as they are now, but can bring the kitchen into the dining area more by removing the existing fireplace in the dining space and adding full height units for plate/glass/cutlery storage and a breakfast nook. (toaster, cereal, coffee machine?).

The utility provides useful bootroom space and also houses the oil fired boiler, so feels like keeping that seperate is a must too.

The additional storage in the dining area means I am hoping to get rid of upper units in the kitchen to give a more open feel, and allow me to move Fridge freezer in line with units where the dishwasher currently sits.

Hopefully this is clear from the attached pictures/plans.

Can any one see a better way to lay things out? Am I missing something obvious in the placement of key appliances? Your help is very appreciated.

Existing Kitchen and dining room (although we have table and chairs rather than armchairs, and no shelving)

In terms of look I am very taken by the 'modern traditional english kitchens' by the likes of British Standard so would want to achieve that sort of result. As below.

Comment (1)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.