helenchristou1

Edwardian Semi - Exterior Help!

Helen C
3 years ago

Hello. We are nearing the end of a renovation and have to make some decisions about masonry paint and window frames. All the windows are being replaced with new timber period casements to match the original and I would love to paint the frames a 'bit of a' colour - Hardwick White or something - but because the whole house is a mix of paint and render, I need to come up with a complimentary colour that would work on the walls. An off white leaning to cream matches on paper, but I'm worried the scheme is a bit 'country cottage' and a pale grey feels a bit cold and like it will date quickly. But I might be wrong.

Most houses on the street are cream/white/grey with white woodwork, but I so love painted frames - They just look so finished. Any suggestions or opinions would be much appreciated.

I'd also like a pale pink front door if possible.....

PS. Pic is a google streetview of nextdoor but one (big tree in front of mine but identical) from few years back so no net curtains - plantation shutters.

Comments (27)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.