alessio265

Sensa White Macaubas vs Neolith Blanco Carrara

alessio265
3 years ago

Hello everyone,

we are planing to build a new kitchen and we could not decide which countertop would fit best or whether the whole kitchen will be harmonious. The kitchen will be built in an existing room with grey walls and fir wood flooring that we would like to both keep :

The colors of the kitchens that we like are Silk Bianco and Silk Grigio Chiaro from Veneta Cucina. They are matt white and matt (very) light grey. For the credenza we thought about matt white glass.

Here is a render of the final work (only the credenza is missing) :

with the different materials combinations :

1) here is White Macaubas with matt light grey (just put it on top), matt white and matt white glass (side by side) and on the top of them both a line of the same grey as our walls.

2) here is a variant with a darker shade of grey and with Neolith Blanco Carrara (only a very little sample)

3) here is a variant still with matt light grey and matt white but with Neolith Blanco Carrara

What do you think about our variants? we know that a darker grey would stand out more than a light grey but we really like the light grey and we think it will suit well with the with and the grey of our walls. The dilemma is more on the countertop Neolith or Sensa? What is your opinion? Any experience with those materials? Have they both good resistance to scratches, stains and heat? Since we can't predict the veining of the Sensa, we're a bit afraid that it's too loaded.

In advance thank you for your opinions and votes! :-)

Sensa by Cosentino Macaubas White (shiny)
Neolith Blanco Carrara BCO2 (shiny)

Comment (1)

• Jonathan
    3 years ago

Sensa is a natural stone so it could have unpredictable veining. However if you love it your worktop fabricator will probably let you inspect the slab before they cut it.

Neolith is a sintered stone so much harder and more predictable. It will have a plain edge unless you pay extra for a dropped edge.

Personally I think that if you are considering Neolith you should be considering Mont Blanc which is a similar pattern to the Sensa you showed.

And in my opinion these products look more natural and expensive if you choose a satin finish rather than a glossy one.

alessio265 thanked Jonathan
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.