Living room layout help please!

Andy J

Would anyone have ideas how to plan the living room out to best make use of the space?
Ideally, we'd like to plan for a contemporary modern living room look that makes use of the whole room e.g: wide TV units, or maybe integrated with atmospheric fireplace (tv/movie entertainment is main use of the room).
However, the problem is moving the settee either (1) blocks off the dining room or hallway entrance, or (2) patio door out to the garden..
This is how it currently looks, with a large empty space as a result
Is there a better way to set up the room to bring in the space , or does anyone have ideas for this space. (We've thought about window seat /reading corner but not sure how to plan it)
Also, we're open to replacing the settee/electric fireplace/removing things etc