bristolbased

Kitchen Diner Design Dilemma!

bristolbased
3 years ago

Hi,

We have bought a complete renovation house and are currently having the rewire and central heating redone so need to think about the kitchen.

We have removed the wall between the kitchen diner but are now stuck on how to layout the kitchen. We would rather have the kitchen on the left of the room as the right has the french doors and it would be a nicer view from the dining table.

On one side of the kitchen is the bottom of the stairs which we could make into a cupboard but the other side is a strange outhouse that has been knocked through. The opening to the outhouse isn't far enough along the exterior wall to allow us to have worktops along the side.

The only solution I can think of is to block the outhouse up which will allow us to have worktops all along that space. It does seem like a shame though as that outhouse is a good utility/pantry space.

Ignore the mess in the second photo - we had just pulled the ceiling down. That is the outhouse we are working with, quite an awkward space.

Does anyone have any ideas? I would be so grateful to hear them.

Many thanks.

Comments (2)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.