adam_pitt93

Toilet roll holder on a shower screen?

Adam Pitt

I am currently trying to configure our bathroom and at the moment a sticking point seems to be where to locate the toilet roll holder. Something of consideration is a toilet roll holder on the shower screen although other ideas welcome. Has anyone else come across and/or resolved this issue?

• Adam Pitt

• Daisy England

Is the basin in a vanity unit? If so you could put it on the side of that? The shower looks too far away to me.

• Adam Pitt

No it isn't a vanity unit. The distance between the shower screen and basin is likely to be the same.

• Daisy England

You can buy freestanding loo roll holders.

• Adam Pitt

Oh yes I am aware of that but wanted to look at other options where it was a more fixed permanent solution.

• minnie101

I think you’d spoil the clean lines if you put one on the screen. Not that I have any DIY expertise either but not sure how you’d attach it as you can’t drill safety glass? Plus any form of adhesive wouldn’t look great from inside the shower

• Adam Pitt

Yeah that was my thoughts too so a little bit lost in terms of other options. May just have to go with a free standing one or something that cab go on my basin

• minnie101

I‘ve just realised you were looking for the vanity earlier. So they do this kind of thing for kitchen roll which could hook over the side bit but struggling to find similar for toilet roll.

Adam Pitt thanked minnie101
  • Adam Pitt

Yeah that's right, I was looking for wash stand. Yeah that is an idea, there might be something I can attach to the side of the chrome arm but I'll have to look into it more

• Nicholas Scott

You can get loo roll holders which are held on by suction cups.

Adam Pitt thanked Nicholas Scott