matthew_mason16

Two completely different kitchen layouts, which to choose?

Hark
3 years ago

Would love some input on which of these kitchen layouts people think would work best. Single Storey extension now complete, creating a kitchen/dining/living space and a small home cinema.

Access to kitchen is via the existing lounge (bottom left). There is then a side door (top of pic), a downstairs loo, access to the garage (top left) and the main bifolds.

Favourite designs so far are from Howdens.

The first has the hob on the back wall. I think this makes the room feel much more open, but does mean the fridge/freezer is at the end of the kitchen and you have your back to the breakfast bar.

The second design has tall cabs and ovens on the back wall and the sink and hob on the other. I'd want to swap the sink and the hob so the hob is near the breakfast bar. I'd also want four tall units

Wren Kitchens swapped the sink and did four Tall units, which I prefer (and would try to incorporate in the Howdens Plan). I much preferred the on wall cabinet layout that Howdens managed.

Comments (16)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.