webuser_247598481

Ships decking effect on LVT

HU-247598481
3 years ago

Hi. Am thinking a ship's decking effect with Amtico or Karndean wood look LVT might make it look more authentic in my home - especially the hall and kitchen.
Are there disadvantages?

Comments (9)

• Daisy England
    3 years ago

I don’t understand the question. Can you elaborate.

• HU-247598481
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Basically you can put design strips around each LVT plank to make it look like a separate plank. Looks a bit like ship's deck.

• minnie101
    3 years ago

The design strips can make it look more authentic if you choose the right tone strip. I thought you meant do the floor in a straight lay like a ships deck.

I think it also depends on the actual floor chosen ,I personally don’t find that they match in terms of what looks realistic

• HU-247598481
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thanks for the photo. I am probably going for this Karndean but I am concerned that it will look too plastic and uniform rather than a wood effect.

• minnie101
    3 years ago

I’m not anti LVT, I’m having some laid in my sons bedroom next week. However is there a reason you’re not considering wood if you’re worried?

• HU-247598481
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thanks minnie101. It's mainly for the kitchen so was concerned about appliances leaking etc. Engineered wood is very expensive.

• Sonia
    5 months ago

I don’t think LVT will ever look like a real wood floor.

• Sonia
    5 months ago

Just realised this is an old post resurrected by a spammer!

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.