nskingle

layout of lounge

Nic Stanford
3 years ago

hi, I'd love your thoughts on layout of our lounge. it was created by knocking down the wall between a small lounge and dining room. Despite being neglected and undecorated the room has a really nice feeling. the open space looks a bit random but is very used (for exercise, the dog playing, daughter dancing etc). The door cuts the room in half but can't be moved. it just feels strange to have the sofas so far from the focal point of the chimney breast.
we're not wedded to the furniture apart from the coffee table, and the guinea pigs need to stay!
There are three of us who like to lounge but we often (in normal times) have guests staying so we need a decent amount of seating.
the last photo is a suggestion I've had, which I could see working, but slightly concerned there wouldn't be enough seating. plus there is about 170cm between the French door and the edge of the fireplace... would need careful sofa choosing!
my sketch isn't to scale!

Comments (9)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.