nida_jehan

To Wallpaper or not to wallpaper

Nida J
3 years ago

Hello! I’m in a bit of a predicament. I have a one bedroom Victorian flat and I want to wallpaper my bedroom.

I had someone come by yesterday who advised not to wallpaper the bedroom as these old flats had flimsy walls and once you start removing old lining wallpaper, you don’t know how much work youre signing up for. Additionally he suggested I don’t do any sort of bead panelling on the walls either... so only add single beading and paint the walls.

My decorator is happy to test the walls before I buy loads of wallpaper but has anyone had these issues before? And is there no hope? I’m just in two minds about this and it has also scuppered my reno plans for the bedroom. any help or guidance will be really appreciated 🙏🏼

Comments (10)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.