webuser_598826619

Relocate bathroom 1st floor Victorian flat

Janey C
last month

I recently purchased a first floor maisonette with the bathroom off of the kitchen. I would like to change this layout and wanted to get some ideas on how to change the layout without losing the 3rd bedroom. however open to this.

Comments (3)

• PRO
    Kingfisher Designs
    last month

Tricky, you could flip the small bedroom with the bathroom but I suspect it would be impractical as there is probably no soil pipe avaliable for that near the bedroom, putting one is might be possible but I wouldn't count on it either. Which leaves you with a maserator which is never great. You might be able to flip the two large bedrooms with the kitchen/lounge.

Janey C thanked Kingfisher Designs
  • Dan Lewis
    last month

Hi Janey, i believe a practical solution would be to move the bathroom to the other end of the kitchen, creating a new corridor to access the kitchen. Practical as there is a window in the correct place and you can run the soil pipe on the outside of the building / water pipes through the floor. I think the flat would have a better flow, bedrooms and bathroom closer together.

Janey C thanked Dan Lewis
  • Thomas Dixon
    last month

you could explore putting another door alongside the door that leads from the landing to the lounge (where you currently have a cupboard). The original door could lead you into the new bathroom and the new door would have a very short corridor leading to the reshuffled open plan reception/kitchen.

Janey C thanked Thomas Dixon
Ireland
Tailor my experience using cookies

By continuing to browse this site or use this app, I agree the Houzz group may use cookies and similar technologies to improve its products and services, serve me relevant content and to personalise my experience. Learn more.