Relocate bathroom 1st floor Victorian flat

Janey C

I recently purchased a first floor maisonette with the bathroom off of the kitchen. I would like to change this layout and wanted to get some ideas on how to change the layout without losing the 3rd bedroom. however open to this.

Kingfisher Designs

Tricky, you could flip the small bedroom with the bathroom but I suspect it would be impractical as there is probably no soil pipe avaliable for that near the bedroom, putting one is might be possible but I wouldn't count on it either. Which leaves you with a maserator which is never great. You might be able to flip the two large bedrooms with the kitchen/lounge.

Janey C thanked Kingfisher Designs
  • Dan Lewis

Hi Janey, i believe a practical solution would be to move the bathroom to the other end of the kitchen, creating a new corridor to access the kitchen. Practical as there is a window in the correct place and you can run the soil pipe on the outside of the building / water pipes through the floor. I think the flat would have a better flow, bedrooms and bathroom closer together.

Janey C thanked Dan Lewis
  • Thomas Dixon

you could explore putting another door alongside the door that leads from the landing to the lounge (where you currently have a cupboard). The original door could lead you into the new bathroom and the new door would have a very short corridor leading to the reshuffled open plan reception/kitchen.

Janey C thanked Thomas Dixon