fiona_morrison25

Decorating advice needed for open plan area in new home

Fi Mo
3 years ago

We have recently purchased a house which needs a lot of work done to it and I would love some advice on potential ideas for layout/colours/design of our open plan space. Please excuse the absolute mish mash of furniture, we haven't been able to do anything to the rooms yet due to lockdown. The kitchen is north facing and is going to be replaced with a white handleless kitchen which will have roughly the same layout except no wall cupboards on the hob wall. In the dining room the fire surround and hearth can be changed. We were thinking of a walnut coloured LVT floor throughout. One set of patio doors in living room leads to a conservatory and the other to a balcony. The living room is south facing. I'm am unsure what colours to choose for the walls to make the most of the rooms/space we have. Before choosing a white kitchen I had thought about white walls and colourful seating/rugs etc in living area but now think white throughout may be too much? I liked the idea of a darker dining room area but not sure how to do this with a white open plan kitchen? Any ideas for me to consider colours/styles/combinations I haven't thought of would be very welcome, thank you.

Comments (11)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.