webuser_61682838

Blue vs Neutral tint for Roof Lantern

J K
3 years ago

We are getting a roof lantern and need to decide between blue and neutral tinted glass.

The lantern will be in a north facing room which we use as a playroom / family room - we want it to get as much light into the house as possible. We are going for white aluminium to keep things bright and match our white sliding patio doors.

We thought neutral might be best because it is less tinted but we are worried it might give a greyer / duller light compared to the blue which will be brighter / sunnier.

Does anyone have any advice?

Comments (2)

• PRO
    Kingfisher Designs
    3 years ago

blue will be colder in feel, if you want a brighter sunnier a slight yellow/gold would work.

• Donna B
    last month

Did you go ahead with this work and what glass did you go with? having work done to create a playroom in a north facing garden too. going with a combination of tiled and glass roof, just need to decide on which kind of glass ? blue for better temperature control or neutral.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.