bljones21

Terrace house layout

Ben Jones
3 years ago

Hello. Thanks for reading this post! Have read some really helpful suggestions on other people's posts so thought I'd try our dilemma. We have a 3 bed end of terrace with a frustrating layout downstairs. We have a small galley kitchen next to a much bigger bath room (doublesink, big corner bath, separate shower). For some context, the kitchen is a single storey extension. The bathroom and bedroom above are a much earlier 2 storey extension. The next few houses on our road have the 2 storey extension but not the single. Next door is a 2 bedroom with the bath room upstairs and a decent sized kitchen. And next to them they do have 3 bedrooms with a shallow kitchen through to a small bath room.
Our priority is more kitchen space but would love to improve access/link to garden.
We were all set to go with taking a metre off the bath room and adding to kitchen (supporting wall so steel needed). But didn't go ahead due to covid. We now just want to make sure we aren't missing a better solution. We had an earlier quote just swapping bathroom and kitchen and adding the space by current bath room (coats, storage etc atm) to new kitchen. But were concerned bathroom would be too small.
Open to any suggestions! We don't really need more space just need better use of space we have(The older I get the more appealling an upstairs toilet is but not a priority just yet!).
Dining room and front room both have fireplace/chimney breasts. Bathroom is a step down from rest of ground floor. Side access beside existing kitchen.
Perhaps just moving wall as we had planned is best option but be great to hear any other suggestions. Thanks for reading.
Ben

Comments (10)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.