webuser_325627747

Please can someone advise on how I can make this wall less ugly??

Cas Malz
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

We’re currently renovating this 1970’a build. This is the master bedroom and it’s roughly 3.4x2.9m. The only viable place for our king size bed is opposite this wall!

I honestly do not want to wake up everyday seeing these 2 doors. We will be changing the carpet/furnishings but these doors are going to be backlogged if I can’t think of a solution. I unfortunately cannot lower the higher door because of the stairs. Can’t seal because it the boiler access and wasted storage space!

I’ve been thinking of potentially covering them both up with faux diy wardrobes. or maybe take the architraves off and installing new ones that would blend with wainscotting but I’m not sure.

I would love to knock the wall between the wardrobe and the cupboard but I need to ask if it’s possible structurally and budget-wise. My gut feeling says no as we have had to remove everything in the kitchen/living room and bathroom from the floorboards up!

I can be optimistic about changing them in the future and settling for painting for now, but I honestly cannot think of a way to make this nicer.

Thanks!!

Comments (7)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.