e_d_10

What’s a good rug anti-slip?

E D
3 years ago

We got a long (3.70m) and narrow runner and although it stays in place fairly well, it doesn’t feel 100% ‘steady’ on our wooden floor.

What would you advise?

🙏

Comments (5)

• litigationlawyer
    3 years ago

IKEA sell some good anti slip mats to go under rugs that are like a rubberised mesh and can be cut to whatever size needed.

E D thanked litigationlawyer
  • litigationlawyer
    3 years ago

IKEA sell some good anti slip mats to go under rugs that are like a rubberised mesh and can be cut to whatever size needed.

• Sonia
    3 years ago

Following this. I’ve tried sticky back grippers which didn’t work then I tried some rubbery sheeting which was cut to size and laid under the rug but all that did was bunch up under the rug and create a trip hazard. We threw both away and now have a slightly slippery rug.

E D thanked Sonia
  • PRO
    OnePlan
    3 years ago

I’ve used the rubber mesh stuff before - varying success dependent on the amount of traffic ... I have an outdoor rug that I got from the states that seems to stay put - it has what I can only describe as ‘plimsole’ sole type backing ... but no idea where you’d buy one over here - sorry. I wonder if adding stripes on the rear with a glue gun or silicone sealant might work ? Without ruining the rug ? Watching with interest !

E D thanked OnePlan
  • Jo Jones
    3 years ago

I bought a pack of these just to try, as they were under £8, and have been pleasantly surprised at how firmly they’ve kept the rug in place on my wooden floor, and how, despite me thinking they’d be quite lumpy underneath, I’ve not noticed them. Rug gripper from Amazon

E D thanked Jo Jones
Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.