alexia_watkins80

How do I decorate my walls?

A Clarke
3 years ago

This is my snug which is part of the house my husband and I designed together as our first home. We wanted vaulted ceilings as it was going to be quite a small room and we wanted it to feel bigger and have an interesting feature but it's turning out to be a problem for decorating!
So that we could move in we just had everywhere painted white, I don't dislike the white but it can look cold sometimes and I want it to be warm and cosy. I then thought about painting the walls more of a warmer colour maybe a beige or warm grey but I'm scared it will make the room look dingy and smaller.
I've also wondered about painting the bottom half of the wall but I ideally want to bring your eyes up rather than keeping them down. There's so many different aspects to the walls that so far all my ideas haven't worked....
there will be a spiral staircase in the corner going up to the room above.
My main concern is the wall with the mirror, it's just such a large space.
hope someone can help :)

Comments (4)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.