rosie_collins4

Brookmans by Smallbone or Neptune

Rosie Collins
last year

Hi everyone. Would love some advice! Has anyone had any experience using Brookmans by Smallbone for their kitchen? We are torn between them and Neptune. The Brookmans quote for the cabinetry is a lot cheaper and from what I can make out, it is a quality product. My only concern is lack of reviews as they are fairly new to the market (in the last year). Please let me know what you think 😊 I’ll attach some designs of the kitchen for you so you know what we are doing. Thanks!

colourhappy
    last year

I would look at where they are made, that may help you to decide.

• Daisy England
    last year
    last modified: last year

Smallbone went into administration so I presume another company took it over?

• pjdklm
    last year

I love the Brookmans website and it all looks very exciting (read below)..... so I did a little research into the parent company via Companies House. Please look at the filing status for its owner Lux Group Holdings https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/11707773 and Lux Group’s parent company Sapphire 700 Limited https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/11699257. It might be a big help in making your decision.

For background:

Per KBBReview.....”Lux Group Holdings is the new name for SMWF Ltd, the company formed in November 2018 to buy the business assets of former Smallbone of Devizes and Mark Wilkinson owner Canburg in a pre-pack deal. It is a subsidiary of Sapphire 700, the umbrella group owned by New York-based real estate specialist Gary Barnett’s Extell Development Company”.

Lux also bought McCarron & Co in July 2019.

Since then they’ve made the Brookmans / Heals partnership (launching Brookmans to the retail market), bought Christopher Peacock in early 2020, made plans to expand their Devizes workshops, and announced the Spring 2021 launch of the Smallbone Brompton Gate Showroom featuring the world’s largest Samsung screen installation.

My view: Brookmans is part of a stable of high end design heritage and skilled craftspeople, backed by someone who is or at least was willing to pour in a lot of investment.

But the fact that both companies are several months overdue on their accounts and that Sapphire was served a first gazette notice in January for compulsory notice strike-off indicates it’s not all going smoothly.

• Rosie Collins
    last year

Thank you everyone. This is helpful. It is potentially risky if there is a chance they might fold. They are discounting heavily at the moment and I don’t know whether that is to make way for new lines, or because they are in financial difficult. My gut says to stick with Neptune although I love both brands concepts.

• a beale
    last year

hello, sorry I can't help with the original query but could I ask the room size if your kitchen design? thank you.

• Rosie Collins
    last year

Of course, it’s approx 3.5m wider x 4.5m long, opening out into a lounge dining area behind

OnePlan
    last year

For similar style there is also Plain English, Handmade Kitchens of Christchurch, Classic Kitchens Direct... to name a few !

• Nekul
    last year

Maria who did you go with? Thanks

• Mary Francois

I'm curious who you went with - I'm considering a Brookmans kitchen, but wondering about the brand.

• Sam Breckman
    26 days ago

Do not touch Brookmans! just read the reviews on Trustpilot

• Nekul
    26 days ago

We went with OPENPLAN Designs in Brent Cross London. Sam was a fabulous designer to work with. We chose a Laura Ashley and can’t be happier.

Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.