anthony_murray32

Cisturn not filling

Anthony Murray
3 years ago

Hi all,
We moved into our new home yesterday (new for us but not a new home if that makes sense).
The cisturn in one of the bathrooms is not filling. The house hasn't been lived in in over a year.
Any suggestions for fixing it?
Thank you!

Comments (5)

• Anthony Murray
    Original Author
    3 years ago

• Anthony Murray
    Original Author
    3 years ago

• Daisy England
    3 years ago

If the cistern won’t fill it might be that the valve is corroded up with limescale if it hasn’t been used recently. If the value is corroded with limescale it won’t let the water through. Perhaps a job for a plumber?

• Sonia
    3 years ago

I’m no expert at all, but shouldn’t there be a ballcock in there balancing the emptying and filling of the cistern? 🤔

• embzop
    3 years ago

There may be an isolating valve on the pipe supply to the cistern and this may have been turned off when the house was left empty. See if there is a valve and if there is, you can turn the valve by using a screwdriver (if you don't know what they look like, a quick google search will show you),

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.