sarah_unwinsuter

Front door colour and paint brand suggestions

Sarah U-S
3 years ago

Hi - I’m dreaming of warmer times and am booking in our decorator to overhaul our front door. (It needs planing, filling in places etc). So I’m now dreaming of colour. The door has previously been a denim blue colour (photo) and is now currently a Hague Blue match. I’m feeling very much over blue! Any suggestions? It’s a red brick terrace in a conservation area - most neighbours have white or black, although a couple have gone bright, which looks nice but my husband isn’t keen! Also, what paint do people actually suggest? I’ve read terrible reviews about F&B exterior paint, with reports of it failing after a couple of years. I love Mylands paints but they don’t do an exterior formula (they say their normal wood and metal formula is fine outside). I’m just a bit lost!! Also - should I paint the frame the same colour as the door? The white frame always looks a bit rough as there’s a piece that runs along the bottom threshold - so people stand on it, and the paint wears off!

Comments (30)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.