webuser_371027525

What frustrates you when trying to organise Kitchen cupboards/Pantry?

Rilwan Olaosun
3 years ago

Hello I'm is Rilwan, I'm a 2nd year Product Design Student at Huddersfield. Undertaking research finding insights to problems and frustrations faced within the kitchen. Frustrations found with organising items commonly found in top cupboards. In relation to Herbs & spices, Mugs/glassware, Soft Packets, Bottles and Cereal Boxes. Your responses (even pictures) would help massively! Thank you so much for your time, and everything helps!

Also If you have a few seconds on your hands, please respond to anonymous survey - It shouldn't take more than 5 minutes. It would be much appreciated.

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=2p8utZEGhUW9_FzK4c4YkD0A9n-8HjJIigIiahMfxWtURUFDVjlTQjFPVDE2TTdON0wzNUU2QlE1UC4u

Thank You Once Again,

Rilwan

Comments (3)

• PRO
    Kingfisher Designs
    3 years ago

Never enough space

• minipie
    3 years ago

Soft packets ie bags of rice, pasta, lentils are the worst. I could decant them into containers but I don’t like the idea of mixing new and old, and if I wait till the old is finished, I have the next packet to store as well as the container, double the space needed. So, I just use the packets but of course once opened they tend to spill and be awkward shapes.

I would value a container where you could somehow divide old and new (with a partition perhaps)?

Mugs, main issue is the water that collects in the dip in the base when they are upside down in the dishwasher. When the dishwasher ends I have to turn them to empty out the water, wait for them to drip dry and then put them in the cupboard to avoid puddles in the cupboard. Also, ours stack but not all do, stackable is definitely better!

Cereal boxes the giant ones are a pain to store and I don’t buy them as a result. Tall thin bottles ditto.

Of course environmental concerns over any plastic packaging - for example could cereal not use waxed paper for the internal bag rather than plastic.

Herbs and spices, please put the name on the top as well as the side for those of us who store them in drawers. And preferably the use by date as well!

• Rutu Patel
    2 years ago

A bit late to this but at the moment my biggest frustration is finding a suitable organiser for my kitchen cupboards - that do not take up most of the space.

One thing is clear - the people who come up with these organiser solutions do not consider the amount of space wasted, I mean who doesn't need more storage? In the UK most houses are small, with small kitchens - we do not have the luxury of fitting expensive organisers where we can only fit 40% of the items. To me this is a massive design flaw in the industry. I have standard sized cupboards - I should be able to buy off the shelf organisers that fix the problem - not create another one.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.