webuser_928469718

Kitchen/Living/Hangout area dillema

Maciej
3 years ago

Hey there,

We're planning to open up the kitchen and dining/living area (get rid of bear loading pier, etc.) which gives us some new possibilities to redesign the space. So far. the best we've managed to come up with is on the pics attached. It's not 10/10 but it seems to be working pretty well. Only issues we can see are that there's a dead end in the kitchen, and a fridge is not in the best location. We are just not able to come up with anything better. Just worth mentioning the hub is in the chimney breast here, and we still want to keep enough room to hangout (a family of 4) and dine, but also access the garden. Any ideas or suggestion, please?

Thanks a lot!

M

Comments (4)

• CWD
    3 years ago

here's another option. sofa and dining table optional where they go depending on preference and how you use the space. if you don't like the dead end at the window, then can remove one unit to make it an island rather than peninsula.

• User
    3 years ago

I'd lose the ladder 😃

• Ellie
    3 years ago

Is this the only living space in the house as you won't be able to seat 4 in the sofa area?

• Maciej
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Although we've got a front room it is where we tend to spend evenings. This area here is much more our day living/hangout area and it's access to the garden.

Good point, will definitely replace ladder with larder :).

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.