calamitylj

Shed position - help needed please!

calamitylj
3 years ago

Always find these advice pages so helpful so fingers crossed someone can help us make our minds up!

We are debating where to put a new wooden 3mx4m shed in our garden which will be used to store general garden bits. The two options are either to the left (blue area marked) or to the right (yellow area marked). the shed would be sideways on, facing into the garden in both options.

The blue area is where we get the last sun of the day so it would make an ideal spot for a small patio area. However if the shed was put here it would be a bit more tucked away than the other option and would be next to our existing shed. Our dining room looks out onto this side of the garden through bi-fold doors.

Putting it in the yellow area would mean it is less hidden away but we could grow some bushes to the side. However we are worried it wont look great there, more obvious! Our lounge looks out of the house onto this side of the garden.

We don’t want to be staring at the shed as we sit on our sofa but then we love the idea of having a sun trap patio on the other side.

Any helpful advice or things that we may not have considered gratefully received please!

Comment (1)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.