abbie_kramrisch

examples of a dark grout with rustic/irregular edge subway tiles?

Abbie Kramrisch
3 years ago

I am looking to use white handmade style rustic tile that have a slight irregular edge. this is for the shower and i really dont want to use a white grout soim looking at taupe/pewter/mid grey but im very worried how wobbly the grout lines could look. i would love to see some examples of people who have done similar?

Comments (8)

• cavgirl
    3 years ago

I have these in my kitchen with a mid grey grout, and it looks fantastic. Like you, my first instinct was to go white, and the tiler convinced me to use the same grout that had been used elsewhere in the kitchen. I’ve never regretted it, I think it really highlights the charm of these tiles.

Abbie Kramrisch thanked cavgirl
  • Sarah U-S
    3 years ago

This isn’t a great photo, but this is my splash-back with near identical tiles. We went with a pale grey grout called Silver - and we still like it.

Abbie Kramrisch thanked Sarah U-S
  • skramrisch
    3 years ago

Thanks guys! They look gorgeous! I think if I do it I can’t go darker than a mid grey

• PRO
    Expand & Build Ltd
    3 years ago

A mid grey grout would compliment the tiles that you have chosen.

• LTS
    3 years ago

This pic is from KALLUMS Bathrooms (Colourful Bathroom - Barnes) on Houzz I noticed they have the irregular edge tile. If you search for them there are other pics too. HTH.

• petrone_carroll
    2 years ago

Dark grouting looks dreadful it’s much better with a light to mid grey, charcoal grey is far too dark too as I picked the wrong shade and I hate it!

• PRO
    Eerospace Ltd
    2 years ago

We have recently completed a project suing a handmade tile very similar to yours, but we went with white grout, and it looks great. it looks clean and elegant - i feel using darker grout sometimes gives the effect of the grout being dirty.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.