smita_patil46

shower toilet and a basin minimum size

Asmitha Patel
3 years ago

can someone please show me a floor plan to fit a shower , toilet and a basin in 1.8m X 0.8m ?

door can be opened outside and is available on the shorter side.

I can slightly increase the shorter side but not much space available

Comments (12)

• Nicholas Scott
    3 years ago

Something like this might work, though it would obviously be a bit shorter. If it was a wet room, you could overlap the sink with the shower, and it would feel more spacious.

• Asmitha Patel
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you, but my door is on the shorter size , not the longer side, will there still be a space?

• minnie101
    3 years ago

Toilets (short projection) are normally around 600mm. Some of the ones with concealed cisterns don’t project as far but then obviously you need space to conceal the cistern.

It would be very difficult to get into the room or use the toilet with just a 200mm gap to the wall

• User
    3 years ago

That's not much bigger than a bath! It would be really tight, especially with door on short wall.

• Asmitha Patel
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you let me know, how long the minimum dimension of short wall should be if the door is on short wall?

• User
    3 years ago

At least 1200mm for 600mm clearance in front of short projection toilet.

• Asmitha Patel
    Original Author
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Thanks, 1.2m is doable, please could you see my attachment? whats the layout will be for toilet and basin If I put shower in the corner?

Shower shape dos not matter

• Alison Nicholson
    3 years ago

Don’t buy a small basin that’s too shallow, or water will bounce out of it when you turn on the tap. Go for a deeper design.

• minnie101
    3 years ago

Have you spoken to a plumber? Where’s the soil pipe?

• Asmitha Patel
    Original Author
    3 years ago

position is not an issue

• minnie101
    3 years ago

Ok, well I’d do this (obviously 2nd pic). Yours isn’t as long so you’d need to go for a smaller sink or a corner one. You can also get the combined loo and sink units which should fit or they even do loo’s with a sink on top. Personally I’d go for either of the first options though. A large mirror will make it feel bigger

• minnie101
    3 years ago

It may also be possible to have a concealed cistern, so have a 100mm stud wall and continue that the Length of the wall so you have a niche in the shower for shampoo etc.

You’re probably best speaking to a plumber. I spent days searching for a short cistern and a weird size shower tray which my plumber was able to source very easily.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.