ian_wilkinson88

Badly cracked raised bed wall

Ian Wilkinson
3 years ago

Hi - I’ve just moved into a new home and inherited a badly cracked raised bed wall. Anyone know what my options are for this? Should I be worried about collapse? Would ideally like to try and solve the issue myself. Any help is welcome!

I’ve also noticed a lot of the white paint on the back of the wall is peeling, seems to be bubbling from moisture perhaps. What do I need to do when repainting it to stop this happening again.

Thanks in advance!

Comments (6)

• Bibiana Castagnini
    3 years ago

Nice but cracked

• Daisy England
    3 years ago

We all know it’s cracked. That’s why the post has been done 😂.

• Karenza Roy
    3 years ago

you could just do a patch up job for now and see what happens over time?? fill the crack and smooth it with some plaster or something and then paint it
    as for the bubbling paint that could just be due to weathering over time... I recommend you just sand it down and give it a repaint

• Ann Jones
    3 years ago

My neighbour has the same problem it's been caused by too many plants, he has got to re-build it.

• PRO
    Gerbera Designs (Garden Design)
    3 years ago

Speak to a structural engineer just in case.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.