Open plan kitchen and living area

c s
last modified: last month

Help ! I am in middle of renovation. I m planning an open plan kitchen and living area. And also another living area separated by partition doors. We have underfloor heating in open area and want to go with tiles. In the second living area we want engineered wood. You can see both these areas through the partition doors. My dilemma is what floor colour to go with so that the transition looks good.

If I go with white/ cream tiles in kitchen , what wood colour would look good with it in the second living area? Or should I go with wood effect tiles in kitchen, match wood flooring with that ? I am planning for white kitchen with coffee island. I am struggling to coordinate colours. Thanks