keith_leith

How to add light for high ceiling living room/office?

Keith Leith
3 years ago

I have a 10*10 living room but I'd like to make this as an office. It has a high ceiling and a window. It doesn't get enough sunlight during the day and I'd like to add some light, since it's for office.

(Currently there is no lighting on the wall or roof. There are outlet at the bottom on each side of the wall though.)

Color temp wise I would go with 3000K or 3500K but really frustrated about the fixture selection. Some ideas I can think of:

- Add recessed light on the top: which it's a high ceiling room, the roof is in angle-shape, recessed light (I assume 2 lines of lights) in angled alignment is not good I think

- Add wall light on the side. there are 2 entire walls (one behind me, one to my right) I can add light on. But the only options I can find online are Wall Sconces which is more likely to put in a bathroom or hallway, not for office

- Stand lamp: the last option is setting up a stand lamp, which has a bent pipe, standing in the corner but reaching to the center of the room, right on top of my desk. This sounds good but usually such light are for 2500K or 2700K yellow/orange lights, a bright white 3500K bulb may not fit.

- LED panel on side wall: this is a good fit on the 3500K color but... I feel like it's kind simple and ugly

Any advice or ideas are appreciated! Please help me to get the office bright and beautiful!

Comments (8)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.