heidihart2000

Restoring Elm Floorboards Help

heidihart2000

Please help, we have been restoring our Elm wood floor boards having cleaned them up and sanded them (first error as now some nails are poking through a bit despite it being a light sand )
We have had to repair and replace a few with other slightly different coloured elm boards that you can see in the picture. We love the look of the floor as it is but want to unify the finish with oil wax or something. We have tried English oak which has a tint to it on this board as you can see but it’s a bit false looking. Are their any professionals or experienced renovators out there that can advise us? Many thanks in advance!

Comment