priceg93

Corner sofa placement

priceg93
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I am due to move into my first home in a few weeks and I am trying to plan in my head where/how to arrange furniture in the living room. There are two issues I’m having.

Due to the layout and size of the living room, there is only really one place for the sofa, which is under the stairs. At the moment, the stairs have been walled off, so there is a solid wall behind the sofa, but my partner really wants to open the banister to provide more light into the stairway, but this means our sofa would have to be up against the open stairs with the left end of it covering the banister. I think that would be strange but he thinks it’s totally normal. Thoughts?

Furthermore, under the stairs in the right hand corner is a storage cupboard. We don’t want to lose that because we don’t have much storage space otherwise, but the sofa will definitely have to block the cupboard door. Thoughts on that? I should mention that we have a corner sofa so there probably isn’t enough space to pull the sofa out away from the wall unfortunately.

Below is the floor plan to make it a bit easier to understand. you can see the stairs and the cupboard under the stairs. That is the wall we will need to put the sofa against

Comments (3)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.