amit_deol

1935's Bungalow Remodelling Help Needed

Amit Deol
3 years ago

Heya,

We are living in a Detached 1935 bungalow. We are planning to Remodel this bungalow by adding a second floor and a double-storey extension.

My plan is more like I will research a design Layout and hire an architect/Designer for additional inputs and remodel the house.

I am not sure what will be the best layout for the place. I have seen this community is supported by experts so here we are looking for help.

My plan is as follows

1. Add a 4-meter double Rear extension.

2. Knockdown the Rear bedroom and living room wall and back wall to allow to have a big open plan space on looking Garden with bi-folds to accommodate four main features.

• Pool Table
  • Dining table
  • Entertainment area.
  • Kitchen Island
  • Kitchen Appliances Fridge, oven etc on the wall

3. Add 2 bedroom with attached Bathroom/toilet and one study on the Second floor with few skylights and windows to let in the extra light.

4. Add a front Porch Room.

Now I am confused as to what to do with existing Kitchen and bathrooms, what should be the ideal layout

?

I am attaching exiting floor plan and Photos for reference

Comments (2)

• PRO
    Kay Moden
    3 years ago

Hi there,

Big development you have here, so many options and much potential.

Don't hesitate to get in touch as we would love to design this for you.

We've recently remodelled an old house with addition of front extension. This one is already two storeys but I'm attaching before and after pictures so you can see the (drastic) difference.

Before

After

• donut99
    3 years ago

Oh such a lovely bungalow:(

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.