amit_deol

1935's Bungalow Remodelling Help Needed

Amit Deol

Heya,

We are living in a Detached 1935 bungalow. We are planning to Remodel this bungalow by adding a second floor and a double-storey extension.

My plan is more like I will research a design Layout and hire an architect/Designer for additional inputs and remodel the house.

I am not sure what will be the best layout for the place. I have seen this community is supported by experts so here we are looking for help.

My plan is as follows

1. Add a 4-meter double Rear extension.

2. Knockdown the Rear bedroom and living room wall and back wall to allow to have a big open plan space on looking Garden with bi-folds to accommodate four main features.

• Pool Table
  • Dining table
  • Entertainment area.
  • Kitchen Island
  • Kitchen Appliances Fridge, oven etc on the wall

3. Add 2 bedroom with attached Bathroom/toilet and one study on the Second floor with few skylights and windows to let in the extra light.

4. Add a front Porch Room.

Now I am confused as to what to do with existing Kitchen and bathrooms, what should be the ideal layout

?

I am attaching exiting floor plan and Photos for reference

Comment