gardendesignguru

How would you like Professional Garden Designers to work?

As a professional Garden Designer I get asked a lot about how I work. There is a great deal of information needed to arrive at the best result for any specific space, things like the surroundings (views, drainage, wind noise pollution etc.) and, to be a bit more ethereal, the feel of the place, apart from terrain,soil type dimensions etc. etc.

One thing which is very important as a Consultant, which is what a Garden Designer is, is that we don't want to give advice which won't work (due to something we didn't know about! or otherwise!). Professional Garden Designers should (I say should as unless they are part of professional organisation there is no policing of it I'm afraid) have Professional Indemnity Insurance to protect everyone against this possibility but generally this form of insurance is not understood and confused with Public Liability Insurance.

Anyway I do still wonder if there some sort of service which potential clients are hoping to find which is not on offer? We don't have a magic wand but perhaps the way things are presented could be better?

Comments (5)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.