webuser_670550365

Best DIY design software?

Matthew Herbison
3 years ago

I’m sure this has been asked before, but I couldn’t find a specific and up to date answer in my search, so would appreciate everyone’s experiences...

I’m currently playing with the idea of a ground floor kitchen/ living room extension to our two storey semi. Ultimately, I think an architect will be needed to answer specific questions, but I’m hoping to save time (and money) by either killing the project or specifying the brief myself.

My question then is what’s the best software to use? Sketchup seems popular... the project will involve knocking down an interior wall, building a small amount and moving the kitchen and living areas, so I’m looking for something that can do exterior and interior and give a realistic view of how the space might look and feel.

Thanks in advance!

Comment (1)

• PRO
    OnePlan
    3 years ago

Well do make sure you get your ideas/drawings safety checked before you start work or order anything!

Some apps like magic plan and house design work on iPads quite well - sketchup for pc and for one off custom pieces of furniture- Jali.co.uk and Tylko .com are useful.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.