emily_victoria13

Ideas for modernising outside of 1970's semi

Emily

Hello,

Any ideas would be appreciated; we bought our first house last year and have been working on the inside but not sure on how to improve curb appeal of the 60's/70's outside "feel".

It does have a REALLY steep drive (worse than the picture makes out) and we are going to make an elevated retained wall driveway at some point but that is quite pricey(!)

So looking for any other shorter term ideas.

(Since this photo we have removed all the rubbish and gate down the side and pruned back the bushes in the front)

Thanks :)

Comment (1)

• embzop

Is there any reason you would want to keep the lawn? Grass is great for playing games, lounging in a deck chair or to exercise a pet but otherwise it is just a tradition to have a lawn and really isn't necessary. I think you have made a good start getting rid of the lonely evergreen. I would put in more plants with a mix of heights to create a focal points. This will make the house less prominent. There are some small trees you could put in such as cherry trees or acers. The photo below may give some inspiration.

On a practical note, I would make space close to the house so the windows can easily be cleaned without navigating a flower bed.

Front Garden, Haddenham · More Info

1.JPG · More Info

Emily thanked embzop