How level do sub floors have to be?

Anne Usher

We had an LVT ( amtico signature) floor fitted but the sub floor was not level despite using self levelling copmpound. The flooring guy agreed the sub floor was not level so said he would re do it.
Having redone it, you can still see undulations through out the floor and our furniture rocks on it. (though less so than before the re do)
There are several areas where the floor has more than a 3mm dip over a 2 m straight edge.
Question is, do we insist on it complying with Amtico fitting regs ( < 3mm dip over 2m) or do we believe flooring man who says that no one gets a floor that level ?
Answers from flooring experts greatly appreciated.

Comment