b_skli

Removing a scratch from engineered oak flooring

B Skli
last modified: 2 months ago

I have an unfortunately really visible scratch which I would like to try and remove/disguise. It's only the one scratch - which goes horizontally across several boards. Floor is recently installed engineered oak. I have attached a photo which hopefully helps. The dark patch to the left is natural grain. The scratch is approximately 1-2mm deep. It does go into the wood, as there's a clear depth change when feeling it.

I tried Briwax filler sticks (light). The colour matches well. And I can hide the scratch with it quite effectively. But it then looks super reflective/waxy where the scratch was - which draws more attention to the scratch. So I removed that. Is there anyway of removing that waxy finish if using these sorts of filler sticks?

Any suggestions how else I could remove it?