don_green51

Loft Conversion - Low ceiling but no downlights?

Martin
3 years ago

Undertaking a standard L shape loft conversion. Quotes all included an allocation of spotlights. That seemed an obvious decision when the ceiling height is only about 2-2.1m. But when thinking about it i'm wondering if using one low profile central light would work. It would be above the bed so there's no chance of someone walking into it. We also plan to have two bedside wall lights.

Did anyone go down this route?

Comments (3)

• PRO
    Susan Lake Lighting Design Ltd
    3 years ago

Hi Martin, is the ceiling flat or pitched? If it is pitched recessed spotlights aren't always the best solution because even if they are adjustable they will create glare when recessed on the angle of the pitch. Bedside wall lights are a good idea to create a soft light at the bedside.

Martin thanked Susan Lake Lighting Design Ltd
  • Jonathan
    3 years ago

Don’t forget you can have lights over wardrobes, under furniture, picture lights, wall lights, pendants over tables, walk over lights, table lamps, standard lamps, desk lights.... basically ceiling lights are not your only option

Martin thanked Jonathan
  • Martin
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thanks for the responses, the ceiling is flat for 2m then pitched. Similar to this

I was concerned because of the low ceiling but given it's over the bed I feel it will be fine. Seems to be an obsession with putting spotlights everywhere, much prefer a nice single light fitting

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.