rachel_field59

Shower room / en-suite without a toilet?

Rachel F

Looking for feedback on design changes to our house. We have a Victorian 4 bedroom house, with a large family bathroom (roll top bath, shower & toilet) upstairs at the back & next to it is a separate toilet and basin. This is the only bathroom & two toilets in the house.

We are considering putting an en-suite into the master bedroom, which is at the front of the house, sandwiched between the neighbour & 3rd bedroom in terms of floor space.

Now as adding another toilet to the en-suite is going to be a pain (soil pipe would have to pass through bedroom as the other route is interrupted by the main staircase) or we use a saniflow, I’m wondering if a third toilet is really necessary upstairs? And instead just having a really plush shower & sink as a shower room. Is this too odd?

At the moment I have no idea if we plan to move again etc, so I am more concerned about our needs right now, but with 2 children & in-laws always staying a second shower feels like a must, but a third toilet seems excessive. Welcome any thoughts.