rachel_field59

Shower room / en-suite without a toilet?

Rachel F
3 years ago

Looking for feedback on design changes to our house. We have a Victorian 4 bedroom house, with a large family bathroom (roll top bath, shower & toilet) upstairs at the back & next to it is a separate toilet and basin. This is the only bathroom & two toilets in the house.

We are considering putting an en-suite into the master bedroom, which is at the front of the house, sandwiched between the neighbour & 3rd bedroom in terms of floor space.

Now as adding another toilet to the en-suite is going to be a pain (soil pipe would have to pass through bedroom as the other route is interrupted by the main staircase) or we use a saniflow, I’m wondering if a third toilet is really necessary upstairs? And instead just having a really plush shower & sink as a shower room. Is this too odd?

At the moment I have no idea if we plan to move again etc, so I am more concerned about our needs right now, but with 2 children & in-laws always staying a second shower feels like a must, but a third toilet seems excessive. Welcome any thoughts.

Comments (3)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.