shelby1of4

Help! small one up one down terraced cottage redesign

shelby1of4
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi! I’ve had my offer accepted on a very small terraced thatched cottage with part renovated out building, and dinky garden with a very large tree under TPO. The cottage has been extended off the back to include a small kitchen and small bathroom. Current owner has split the upstairs room into two with access to the main bedroom through the small second bedroom. I would like to return the upstairs to a single bedroom with dressing room/area (ensuite shower would be lovely but I think ambitious). Downstairs, I would consider opening the kitchen up to the living room. I would likely make the bathroom a shower room as I prefer a shower (it is the only bathroom/wc). The outbuilding has electric and water and possibly prepped for waste. I would like to use this as an extra living space with a bed in the eaves for guests. I would also love to install french doors in rear to open to the garden to benefit from the natural light in winter and summer but there are very thick stone walls. I‘m thinking of starting with the outbuilding and garden so as to reduce disruption to main house and give me a sanctuary once I start on main house. It would also provide a possible income from guests if needed. I will be living alone with occasional visits from daughters and sisters so want the space to work for me, predominately, but also be comfortable for short visits from family. It would also be nice to add some value. Any and all advice will be appreciated. Lounge/Diner 4.22m x3.89. Kitchen 2.49m x 2.31m. Bathroom 1.91m x 1.65m. First floor bed2, 3.18m x 2.49m. Bed1, 4.37 x 2.24m. Outbuilding 4.19m x 3.58m (no measurements for eaves and all measurements approx).

Comments (2)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.