twamleyk

north facing kitchen dilemma!

twamleyk
3 years ago

Hi folks

So we have an awkwardly shaped kitchen in our new house - a sort of side corridor on the left, then the main dining area.

In the new design, the left wall as you look at the garden will be counter top the whole way, and we are installing bifolds across the garden wall, replacing the existing door and small window. The fridge and tall larder will be in the corridor part.

The kitchen is north facing and there’s a balcony above the bifolds, further restricting light entry.

My husband is very keen on green, not the green of the walls which we both hate, but a kind of turquoise colour. I’d rather white or pale wood but am trying to find a colour we both like...

Either way, he really wants a shade I consider too dark. We’re probably going with an IKEA kitchen with custom made fronts - some examples of colours are below stuck on a cupboard door. All these photos taken at night. They appear slightly darker than they are, particularly the blue on top which is significantly paler.

Any thoughts on colours welcome!! I’m conscious that bluey colours are controversial in a north facing room, but we had off white in our previous north facing kitchen and I began to feel it was fighting the light, which irritated me. Anywya, like I said, him indoors doesn’t want white at least for the cupboards.

Floors will probably be oak. Countertop likely white - quartz or other stone.

We’re in the UK for context!

Thanks!

Comments (11)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.