aysha_rassul

kitchen and living room

Aysha Rassul
3 years ago

Hello Everyone,

I am after ideas on how I can layout my kitchen along with my living room to give it a more spacious feel. Our kitchen has a large bay window (a feature I don’t want to lose) and gets a lot of light but the living room stays quite dark except in the evenings. I was thinking maybe opening it up and doing it as open plan, but not sure if the wall is load bearing?

My other idea was to get a small extension to replace the WC at the end of the kitchen and add a small utility / seating space which opens to the garden and move the WC between kitchen and living room.

However, with an extension I am in two minds as we’ll probably move in maybe 5-6years and don’t want to spend money if we eventually rent or sell the property.

any advice on layout or open plans or even moving the toilet (basically the outhouse which previous owner’s attached to kitche) can

be moved around for a better layout.

thank you

Comments (4)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.