sam_miller11

50's bungalow extension....4 beds upstairs possible?

Sam Milelr
3 years ago

Hi, we are hopefully moving into a 1950s detached bungalow after Christmas. The current owners have already completed a loft conversion to create 3 beds and a bathroom. The idea is to do a 2 storey rear extension to rearrange the upstairs and provide an extra bedroom. We also thought to extend the ground floor further than the 2 storey to allow for a rooflight.
Another aspect to the property to consider is that it is on a level to the garden.
The wants/desires are as follows:
-New open plan diner/kitchen/living on the rear with bifolds overlooking the garden.
-Utility area
-4beds upstairs
-Happy to sacrifice the upstairs bathroom for a shower room and keep a main family bathroom downstairs
-Prefer pitched extensions instead of flat dormers.
-Originally thought to leave the front living room and front dining room as they are and have one of them as a 'snug'
-Move the stairs entrance so that you see the stairs as you enter the property and can see up to the 1st floor hallway with rooflight to create an lighter entrance.
We are completely new to this and will be doing all the work ourselves. Any ideas or reality checks will be appreciated!
Thanks

Comments (5)

• Sam Milelr
    Original Author
    3 years ago

This is a rough plot pic

• PRO
    CeeK Design Studio
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Hi Sam, I would be very happy to help you with your floor plan, 3D Plans etc, my services will definitely suit your needs. Please don't hesitate to contact me. Email: Info@ceekdesign.com to discuss your ideas in more detail. www.ceekdesign.com

• PRO
    Nest Estimating Ltd
    3 years ago

Hi Sam, once you have decided on a layout, we can provide you with a budget cost estimate. The budget cost estimate provides a detailed breakdown of works and expenses as well as highlighting potential areas where you can save money. If this is something of interest please send the plans and photos to hello@nestestimating.co.ukand we can provide you with a quote

• PRO
    Drawmyextension.co.uk
    3 years ago

We provide free initial advice with our fee proposals. Please send your details to https://www.drawmyextension.co.uk/ and someone will get back to you.

• E D
    3 years ago

Please stop spamming.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.