webuser_790620733

Floor plan advice - poll

Mark Gee
3 years ago

Hi,

I’m redesigning my bungalow and am interested in what people think.

There’s a drive down one side, leading to a detached garage, and a metre-wide path down the other side. There are gardens to the front and back. The house faces south. The best views are to the front and back, with no views really on the sides. The plot slopes down to the drive side.

I’ve attached the current floor plan below. The kitchen is quite dark and feels cut off from the rest of the bungalow.

I would prefer to extend at the back of the bungalow rather than on the side, as I want to keep access to the garage. Also I am on a budget and building foundations on the drive is likely to be expensive due to the slope of the site.

I am thinking of 2 options:

Option A: The bedrooms stay at the back and kitchen on the side with a back door opening onto the side path. I’d knock through from the kitchen to the dining area. The dining and living areas would be semi open plan with a room divider/ double-sided fireplace.

Option B: The kitchen/ dining area would be moved to the back of the house. The second bedroom would be moved to the front.

Which layout do you prefer? Or would you redo the layout in a different way entirely?

Any suggestions or advice would be welcome.

Thanks

Mark

Comments (3)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.