webuser_354917157

I need a total layout change of my house!

HU-354917157
3 years ago

I live in a 1960s semi detatched house in west yorkshire, we purchased the house as a repossesion so got it cheaper than avg house price in this area. We had to take out indemnity insurance as the loft has been converted into living space however no paperwork. My main problems are 1. Whoever has done the conversion had the flight of stairs leading into a bedroom making this space unusable as a bedroom so my daughter is in the box room. I currently use it for wardrobes and clothes drying.
2. The only access is by side entrance however this leads you straight onto the stairs so i have no cloakroom/reception area. The living room is to the front which is a nice large space however to the rear i have a kitchen/diner that looks like it has had a wall removed to make it open plan.
I would like to create more living space and storage upstairs to enable my daughter to have a larger room and a more practical spacious kitchen/diner and not be led directly onto the stairs when entering the property. My question is do i need an architect or an interior designer to help with layout plans.
Thank you

Comment (1)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.